Anticipation/Anticipatory Systems | Human-Computer Interaction | Post-Industrial/Post-literacy
Digital Technology | Art and Design | Mind | Visualization | Semiotics | Miscellaneous
- Anticipation and Intuition:
a new rational foundation for design, School of Industrial Design, University of Guanajuato, Mexico, April 15, 2005
- A mathematical foundation for anticipation--what do we need?
CIMAT (Centro de Investigacion en Matematicas), Guanajuato, Mexico, April 14, 2005
- AntÉ Up!
Keynote Address, Computer Game Conference (cgc 2004), October 15-17, 2004
- Reaction will not do. The Cause Lies in the Future.
Senior Fellow, Pell Center, Salve Regina University, Newport Rhode Island, May 05, 2004
- No life without anticipation
Anticipation is the characteristic that separates living organisms from mechanisms.
Lecture presented at the Informatics Technology Center (Technisches Zentrum Informatik) at the University of Bremen on 18 February 2004.
- How do we explain the anticipatory characteristics of motoric activity?
Anticipatory Behavior Control. A Meeting of Specialists. Delmenhorst, December 13-14, 2003
- The goalkeepers flash of genius before the penalty kick.
Presentation of Anticipation and Innovation at ECC Kohtes Klewes, (consultants for new business solutions), Duesseldorf, November 26, 2003
- Outlook and Obligations, Digital Media Symposium:
25 Years of Computer Science at the University of Bremen, October 9, 2003
- Anticipating Future Realities, Meersburger Forum for Business and Communications (presented by Schindler Parent & Co., international consultants for economic development), Meersburg, Germany, October 1-2, 2003
- Applying Anticipatory Mechanisms to a Changing Economic Environment >> PDF
Meeting of the Association of Metal Industry Employers, NRW, 24 June 2003
- Not Everything We Know We Learned. >> PDF
In: Butz, M.V.; Sigaud, O., Gérard, P. (Eds.): Anticipatory Behavior in Adaptive Learning Systems,
Lecture Notes In Artificial Intelligence" series (LNAI 2684) Berlin: Springer, 2003
- Anticipation: The end is where we start from >> PDF
Computer Science Colloquium, University of Bremen, 11 June 2003
- Anticipatory mechanisms for the automobile >> PDF
Audi, GmbH, Ingolstadt, Germany, 19 February 2003
- Multimedia and Anticipation >> PDF
Computer Science Department, University of Bremen, February 2003
- Multimedia Publication: Book, DVD, Website
University of Wuppertal, January 2003
- Anticipation -Integration of DVD and an Internet-based Knowledge Community,
presented in the framework of Lernwelten der Zukunft (Learning Environments of the Future), Education Quality Forum, Dortmund, 21-22 November 2002
- Anticipation: Directions for Applied Research >> PDF
Innovation and Technical Analysis Working Group, (German Ministry for Education and Research – BMBF), Düsseldorf, 10-11 October 2002
- Anticipation and creativity – Why the sciences as we know them cannot explain creativity.
State University of New York-Buffalo, 9 September 2002
- Human-computer interaction: the need for understanding and applying anticipation
Computer Science Department, Stanford University, 23 May 2002
- Driver and cara hybrid entity
Ideas for applying anticipation in the mobility industry. DaimlerChrysler Research and Technology Center, Palo Alto, 14 May, 2002
- Soft computing and anticipation. Tools for a better understanding of anticipatory processes
Berkeley Initiative in Soft Computing (BISC) and the Institute for Cognitive Studies, University of California, Berkeley, 18 April 2002
- Anticipation: why is beauty so important in nature?
Campus Conversations, Friends of the University, Wuppertal, Germany, November 8, 2001
- How does the brain support anticipatory processes?
Jülich Research Center [one of the 15 Helmholtz Research Centers of Germany], 8 October 2001
- Anticipation- A Challenge >> HTML
Memoria Futura: Kulturelles Erbe und Informationstechnologie: eine neue Perspektive?
Bonn, 12 December 1999
- Anticipation – A Spooky Computation >> HTML
Third International Conference on Computing Anticipatory Systems (CASYS 99), HEC, Liege, Belgium, August 9-14, 1999
- The Cause Lies in the Future
Daimler-Chrysler Research Institute, Berlin, 17 February 1999